Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Andre Roussimoff (RIP)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usClass of 1972

Hi my name is Andre Rene Roussimoff, and I'm French. I was a student here at Electra High in 1972. My best friend was Walter Ethanidge. I know he went on to be a drainpipe inspector - good on you, Walt! We're buddies because we both have acromegaly. It's a disease that results in an over-abundance of growth hormones. Also known as Giantism, because of this disease, my body continued growing my whole life, and by the time I was 17 I stood 6'7".

I'm now 7'4" and 500 pounds, and have a successful career in professional wrestling. I also had a very special highlight in my life. My favorite role, and the one for which I'm best remembered, was the lovable giant Fezzik in Rob Reiner's classic film, The Princess Bride. Oh, I felt so special. I know all you guys in school shunned me, used me as a windbreak when it was stormy, or hid under me in the tornado drills in class, but it's OK, no hard feelings! The best thing about being a giant is I have a big heart too. I love you all. LOR

(Found in the estate of Andre Rene Roussimoff)

|